I know I speak for a huge majority here when I say that over the cold, Winter months and in the run up to the festive celebrations, our diet plans and exercise regimes go out the window. With endless parties and delicious comfort food surrounding us, it is hard to keep off the pounds. So what can we do? We have done a little research and found the best weight loss tips to help bring in the New Year (and ones that are scientifically proven)!
- Drink water before meals to help boost metabolism and assist dieters with eating fewer calories at meal times.
- Eat eggs for breakfast as they can help with the consumption of fewer calories and are a great source of protein.
- Drink black coffee to aid your metabolism and being loaded with antioxidants means it has numerous health benefits.
- Drink green tea to enhance fat burning thanks to the powerful antioxidants naturally found in the tea.
- Swap your regular cooking oil for coconut oil to help boost your metabolism and reduce your appetite.
- Use smaller plates to automatically help you eat fewer calories.
- Always keep healthy snacks in arms reach should you get hungry.
- Eat spicy foods, such as cayenne pepper, to boost your metabolism and to slightly reduce your appetite.
- The biggest weight loss tip will always involve exercise so ensure you are doing enough cardio during your weekly routine.
- Eat more fruit and vegetables as they are rich in water, contain few calories and full of fiber.
- Chew your food to allow your brain enough time to register that you have eaten enough.
- Get enough sleep as not enough and you risk factors such as obesity.
- Add more protein to your diet as it not only boosts your metabolism but also ensures you don’t eat as much food.
- Avoid sugary soda and fruit juices as they can cause obesity.
- Eat healthy foods to train your body into just eating those foods that your body needs.
What weight loss tips do you have for helping to lose weight after the festive season? If there’s one we haven’t mentioned in the list above, leave us a comment below!