Is February usually a quiet month for trading in your spa or salon? Then it’s time to make the most of Cupid’s arrows and target your aim on increasing profits and driving traffic through your salon doors. Whilst we know Valentine’s Day marketing can often be cheesy, we have some of the top marketing tips to help your salon this month.
- Start your social media marketing early on in the month to ensure you are driving momentum towards your salon. Try a few giveaways, competitions and showcase your Valentine’s looks using a relevant hashtag for the month and you will be spreading the word in no time.
- Team up with local businesses to jointly market using giveaways, in-salon raffles and competitions. This is a great and easy way of boosting awareness of your salon within your area, but make sure you are teaming up with businesses that complement yours, such as florists, cake retailers and photographers, etc.
- Build your email database by collecting email addresses with all competitions that you run. Having an email database is the most valuable salon marketing activity that you can do as you can target more people than a social media post. Also all of the details you collect belong to you and means that you are in control with who your marketing goes to.
- As it is the month of love, take the time to say thank you to your clients. It could be a free sample or an upgrade treatment, or clients booked in on the 14th could be treated with complimentary chocolates and fizz in salon. Clients love to feel like they are appreciated, so spread the love this February!
- Create a ‘couples’ package for your clients to help encourage the introduction of new clients.
- Your shop windows are a beacon so use them – showcase your retail, advertise your February promotions and spread the love. Also remember to display your gift cards in places your clients will see them.
- Don’t forget the single people! Whilst it is the month of love and couples, don’t forget to give your single clients a reason to love themselves. Create an offer or a promotion just for single people as a way of encouraging them into the salon during this time; pampering events, retail promotions and double reward points are a great way of giving them a reason to splash out on themselves.
Get your team members to come up with more ideas to promote your salon through February, and remember that once Valentine’s Day has passed, Mother’s Day won’t be far away. What marketing ideas do you have for your salon this month to drive revenue?