A Pre-Payment is a deposit method usually used to hold an amount of credit for a client. This may be money taken in advance for use against future purchases, or used to hold another type of deposit income instead of offering the client a refund.
Selling a Pre-Payment
A pre-payment can be sold either through "Departures" or "Client Sale". It must be sold under the name of the client that will be using the pre-payment.
When on the client's billing, screen click the "Pre-Payment" icon.
- The following line will be added to your client’s bill.
- Enter the required pre-payment amount in the "Unit Price" box.
- Click the “Green Tick”
- On the “Payment Allocation” screen, input the payment method
- Click the “Green Tick” again.
Viewing a Pre-Payment
To view the pre-payment balance for a client, navigate to their record card.
- Click “Clients Menu” and then “Clients”.
- Search for their client record card and then select the “Account Tab”.
You will now see the amount of pre-payment that has been sold in the “Pre-Payments” box.
Redeeming a Pre-Payment
Once a pre-payment has been sold to a client it is now classed as a method of payment. It can be redeemed against any appointment or stock item. If the pre-payment is reserved for a specific purpose, please ensure that you put notes in “Additional Details” > “Departure Notes”, detailing this.
When on the client's billing screen, either through “Departures” or “Client Sale”, the pre-payment amount will always be displayed in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- As soon as an item is added to the bill, the “Pre-Payments” icon will be highlighted within the “Till Messages” section. This must be clicked before the transaction can be processed.
A “Details” message will now appear stating that the client has a pre-payment and showing the amount.
- You will now be able to “Green Tick” and move onto the “Payment Allocation”
- Select “Pre-Payment Redemption” as the payment method.
This will only be available if the client has a pre-payment balance.
If the pre-payment balance matches or exceeds the bill value, the required amount will now show adjacent to the payment method.
If there is not enough pre-payment to cover the entire bill, a prompt will display.
- Click “OK” and then pay the balance with other payment methods
- Click the “Green Tick”.
Refunding a Pre-Payment
In extreme situations, you may be required to refund a pre-payment.
- If this is the case then go to “Client Sale”.
- Identify the client and if required “Green Tick”
- Click the “Pre-Payment” icon.
- In the “Unit Price” box enter the amount that you wish to refund, ensuring that it has a “Minus” sign entered before the amount
- Press “Enter” on your keyboard
- A box will appear stating “You are doing a Prepayment Refund, is this correct?”
- Click “Yes”
- Click on any “Till Message” icons that are highlighted, including “Pre-Payments”
- “Green Tick”.
Select the payment method for the refund; a “Pre-Payment” refund is generally made using the same payment method as the original purchase.
- Click the “Green Tick”.
RELATED PROMPT SHEETS
Enter related prompt sheet name 1
Enter related prompt sheet name 2
Enter related prompt sheet name 3