Express beauty treatments and standard beauty treatments offer different benefits for your spa or salon clients. When creating your menu, you should consider the needs of your audience and the benefits each type of service offers in the face of your competitors. Therefore, we compare both express and standard beauty treatments to show the pros and cons for your business.
Express Beauty Treatments
Express beauty services provide a bite-size version of your standard treatments. These are therefore ideal for busy mums or, if you are city-based, those during their lunch hour.
- Express services offer an introduction to the full treatment
- Express beauty treatments can be offered during lunchtime breaks to fit busy lifestyles
- They can fit in between longer bookings to make full use of staff diaries
- Express lash and brow services are popular as they offer instant results
- More clients to upsell retail products.
- Express beauty treatments don’t provide the full experience
- It is difficult to provide a thorough treatment such as a facial within the allotted time
- Several appointments may be needed to achieve the desired result
- Express services don’t provide much time for group visits and social experiences
- Staff have less time to build a relationship with their clients.
Standard Beauty Treatments
Standard treatments offer a more personalised experience from your skilled staff. If you are based out in the sticks, then perhaps your clientele will be those looking for a more leisurely lifestyle or those with time to escape from the city.
- Standard beauty treatments can provide greater personalisation as a result of a longer consultation
- Clients have time to relax during extended treatments such as massages
- Gives more time for clients to converse and connect with staff
- Provides time to educate clients on products to make it easier to upsell them
- You can provide a full experience from a package of full treatments.
- Regular treatments are more expensive than express variants
- Full treatments are more intensive on staff and cause more repetitive strain
- Spa therapists are unable to fit in as many clients in the day than express treatments
- Staff may find space in between appointments where longer treatments can’t be booked
- Less flexibility when amending time slots in the diary.
Pairing with the right system is crucial for providing clients with their ideal service. This should help set up express and standard treatments, market to clients via email or SMS, and even prompt the sale of associated retail items. Core by Premier Software® can do all of this and more for the spa environment, whereas Salon by Premier Software® is ideal for salons.
For more information on what Core or Salon can do for your business, call: +44 (0)1543 466580 or…